Plans for the American Writers Museum are moving ahead for this historic facility, scheduled to open in 2015. It is sure to become a Chicago landmark.
Perhaps more national writing organizations will plan their future conferences in our city, bringing an eager audience to the country’s first national writing museum in America.
The mission of the American Writers Museum Foundation is to establish the first national museum in the United States dedicated to engaging the public in celebrating American writers and exploring their influence on our history, our identity, our culture and our daily lives.
The American Writers Museum will:
- Educate the public about American writers – past and present
- Engage visitors to the Museum in exploring the many exciting worlds created by the spoken and written word
- Enrich and deepen appreciation for good writing in all its forms
- Inspire people of all ages and from all walks of life to discover, or rediscover, a love of reading and writing
Through innovative and dynamic state-of- the-art exhibitions, as well as compelling programming, The American Writers Museum will educate, enrich, provoke and inspire the public.
See also Wall Street Journal article of June 14, 2013.
- Enjoy the Architectural Treasures of Chicago (9holidayscouk.wordpress.com)